Fraudulent Documentation Update
Further to our initial June 2019 Newsletter we had (and continue to have) an increased number of enquiries to our free service to verify certification issued by ourselves and other training providers. To go into further detail, we issued an update later that month as follows :-
“The only type of forklift truck certificate that is transferrable from one employer to another is an Accredited certificate oftraining.
There are 4 recognised Accrediting Bodies, who are the founder members of the Accrediting Bodies Association for Workplace Transport (ABAWT) 2012. These are ITSSAR, RTITB, AITT and NPORS.
What to look for on an Accredited certificate:-
- All accredited certificates should have the appropriate Accrediting Bodies logo on them, so either ITSSAR, RTITB, AITT and NPORS.
- The registration number of the Instructor/Examiner - this number is unique to the instructor/examiner.
- A unique registration number for the trainee from the relevant Accrediting Bodies operator registration scheme, either TOPS, NORS, ACORN or NPORS.
- ITSSAR certification will have a company registration number unique to the Accredited Training Provider.
- Accredited certificates should include particular details such as the dates & duration of the training and the test date, as well as the type of machine the operator has been trained on, the rated capacity and lift height.
- Some certificates will include a lift truck category code i.e. B1 for a Counterbalance with lifting capacity of up to 5000kg.”
All course documentation should be made available on request should they not be provided with the certificates. It is these documents which form the legal element not the certificate. This typically includes the practical, theory and pre-use check test paperwork. It is also another barrier against fraudulent producers of certificates. Associated Trainers supplies these documents as standard.
If you are not a current subscriber to our newletters and wish to be please contact us without any obligation. You can unsubscribe at any point. Further advice and guidance is freely given by us.